- 150g chargrilled capsicum, drained, thickly sliced
- 150g chargrilled eggplant, drained
- 4 artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 1.5cm-thick slices crusty white bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons purchased eggplant dip
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Preheat a grill on medium-high heat. Place capsicum, eggplant and artichokes on baking tray. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until hot. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, brush both sides bread with oil. Rub both sides with garlic. Place on grill tray. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Remove and spread untoasted side with pesto. Grill, pesto-side up, for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm.
- Step 3Place pesto toast on plates. Top with eggplant, capsicum, artichokes and a dollop of eggplant dip. Sprinkle with basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas