- 500g beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 3cm-thick slices
- 270g jar antipasto
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1/2 loaf crusty bread, sliced
- Step 1Place steak on a large plate. Sprinkle with oregano and season well with salt and pepper, pressing to secure. Drizzle with half the oil.
- Step 2Preheat a barbecue hot plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Place capsicum in a bowl. Add remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cook capsicum, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until charred and tender. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Step 3Add steak to barbecue hot plate or chargrill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice.
- Step 4Meanwhile, drain antipasto, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Add antipasto and reserved oil to chargrilled capsicum strips. Toss to combine. Place lettuce on a platter. Top with chargrilled capsicum mixture and steak. Serve with crusty bread.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jo Anne Calabria
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas