- 4 (about 700g) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 190g (1 cup) couscous
- 45g (1/4 cup) currants
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 x 200g ctn natural yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Step 1Place the chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and turn to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the couscous and currants in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water and extra virgin olive oil. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in the coriander and mint.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the raita, combine the yoghurt, cucumber, oil, mint, lime rind and juice in a medium bowl.
- Step 4Preheat a chargrill on high. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Slice across the grain.
- Step 5Divide the couscous among serving plates. Top with the chicken and serve with raita.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
1) Chicken pita pockets with raita: Omit couscous, currants, water, extra virgin olive oil, coriander and mint. Divide the thinly sliced chicken and 2 egg tomatoes, sliced, among 4 pita pockets, halved. Top with raita to serve.
2) Spiced yoghurt chicken salad with mint and potatoes: Omit couscous, currants, boiling water and extra virgin olive oil. Place 500g coliban (washed) potatoes, chopped, in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Combine chicken, potato, coriander, mint and half the raita in a bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tbs toasted pine nuts. Serve with remaining raita.
3) Chicken and yoghurt curry with herb couscous: Omit lemon juice and raita ingredients. Thinly slice chicken. Omit step 1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and 4 tbs korma curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add 150g natural yoghurt and 100ml water. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Serve with couscous.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste