- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 large yellow capsicum
- 250g pkt dried tagliatelle egg pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) Ardmona Rich & Thick Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated pecorino
- Step 1Cook capsicums over a medium gas flame or under a hot grill, turning, for 12-15 minutes or until charred. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover and stand for 5 minutes to lift the skin. Peel. Thinly slice.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and chilli, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add zucchini. Stir for 3 minutes or until soft. Add tomato, combined capsicum and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Season.
- Step 4Add the capsicum mixture, basil, pecorino and reserved cooking liquid to the pasta. Toss to combine.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste