- 8 baby eggplant, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sliced green onion, to serve
Garlic ginger sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Step 1Make Garlic Ginger Sauce. Blend cornflour with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan until smooth. Whisk in soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Step 2Brush cut sides of eggplant with oil.
- Step 3Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high heat. Cook eggplant, cut-side down, for 3 minutes or until charred. Turn. Cook for 2 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Transfer, cut-side up, to a serving plate. Drizzle with sauce. Serve sprinkled with green onion.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nagi Maehashi
- Image credit: Nagi Maehashi
- Publication: Super Food Ideas