- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small bulb (300g) celeriac, peeled, chopped
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups watercress sprigs, roughly chopped (see note)
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
- Pure cream, to serve
- Wholemeal bread, toasted, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Step 2Add celeriac, stock and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to mediumlow. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the celeriac is tender. Add broccoli. Cook, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Add watercress. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Process celeriac mixture until smooth. Return to pan. Add cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Top with chives and cream. Serve with toast.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
You’ll need 1/2 bunch watercress.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas