- 500g San Remo Orrechiette Pasta
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 120g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 45g can anchovies, drained, chopped
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower in a saucepan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the breadcrumbs for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Stir in the lemon rind.
- Step 4Transfer mixture to a bowl. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Stir garlic, chilli and anchovy for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in cauliflower for 2 minutes. Add to pasta. Toss to combine. Top with lemon pangrattato.
Make cauliflower couscous – process raw cauliflower florets in a food processor until it resembles couscous, then stir-fry until just tender.
Cauliflower – this snow-white beauty is one of our favourite cool-season vegies. It comes alive with a kick of chilli, garlic and anchovies.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste