- 1 small (about 1kg) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 375g spaghetti
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, shaved (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Coles Bakery Sourdough White Vienna bread, to serve
- Step 1Cook cauliflower, covered, in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water, for 10 mins or until tender.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and capsicum, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the cauliflower and garlic. Cook, breaking up the cauliflower with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 mins or until light golden. Add pine nuts and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Step 4Add the pasta, parsley and reserved liquid to the cauliflower mixture. Toss to combine and sprinkle with parmesan. Divide among serving bowls. Serve with the lemon wedges and sourdough.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles