Author Notes: These thick, fluffy pancakes play on the classic flavor combination of carrots and ginger, putting a delicious twist on a breakfast staple.
You can also find this recipe on my blog, total noms. http://totalnoms.com/2011/02/carrot-pancakes-with-honey-ginger-syrup/ —totalnoms
Makes: 6-8 pancakes
For the Carrot Pancakes
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoon brown sugar
cup shredded carrots
For the Honey Ginger Syrup
tablespoon ginger paste
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, add honey, ginger paste, and sugar and stir well until combined. Let flavors mingle and marinate while you make the pancakes, being careful not to burn.
- Preheat a large pan or skillet over medium-low heat. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, and add the milk, stirring to combine. Stir in the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Add the shredded carrots and stir, being careful to mix only to the point that the batter has completely incorporated the dry ingredients. It is okay if there are a few lumps!
- Add a teaspoon of butter or oil to the skillet (optional if using a non-stick pan). Ladle a 1/2 cup of batter into the skillet at a time to make each pancake, and flip after 2-4 minutes, getting the pancakes nicely browned on each side.
- Drizzle pancakes with honey-ginger syrup, and enjoy!
1 of 4
2 of 4
3 of 4
4 of 4