- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 coriander roots, plus leaves to serve
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1kg carrots, chopped
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 150g chorizo, finely chopped
- Step 1Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the coriander roots, ground coriander, turmeric and 2 teaspoons cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add carrot, then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until starting to soften. Season, then add stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Cool slightly, then blend, in batches, until smooth. Stir through the lemon juice.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Step 3Divide soup among bowls and serve with chorizo and coriander leaves.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au