- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 300g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 30ml bourbon whiskey
- 70g (2/3 cup) cocoa powder
- Step 1Combine the cream, cardamom and chilli powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add the chocolate and butter, and remove from heat. Set aside, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Step 2Add bourbon and use a metal spoon to stir until smooth.
- Step 3Pour the chocolate mixture into a small container (make sure the chocolate mixture is at least 3cm deep). Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
- Step 4Place the cocoa in a deep plastic container. Dip a melon baller or a small metal spoon into boiling water and scoop out 1 ball from the chocolate mixture. Tap the truffle directly into the cocoa. Gently shake the container to evenly coat the truffle in the cocoa. Transfer the truffle to a small paper case. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Time plan tip: You can make this recipe 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Author: Cynthia Black
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste