- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g sliced pancetta, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 75g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 2Whisk egg yolks, eggs, cream and three-quarters of the parmesan together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Add egg mixture and pancetta mixture to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until well combined. Serve with remaining parmesan.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas