- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 sheets ready-rolled frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 100g grape tomatoes, quartered
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Step 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, SPLENDA®, and 2 teaspoons rosemary, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base) rectangular loose-based flan tin with pastry. Trim excess. Place tin on a baking tray.
- Step 3Prick pastry base all over with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until base is light golden. Reduce oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Step 4Whisk eggs, cream, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper together in a large jug. Place onion mixture over base. Pour in egg mixture. Scatter over tomatoes, feta and remaining rosemary. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until just set. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au