- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg green zucchini, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 200ml cream
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, finely chopped
- Fresh lasagne sheets
- Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Put 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 large onions, finely sliced, and 2 garlic cloves, crushed, in a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat for 15 mins or until caramelised. Remove from pan. Set aside to cool. Put another 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pan.
- Step 2Cook 1 kg sliced green zucchini until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Combine 200ml cream, 100g finely grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill. Line an ovenproof baking dish with fresh lasagne sheets, trimming to fit.
- Step 3Top with onion, zucchini and one-quarter of the cream mixture. Repeat layers 3 times, finishing with a pasta sheet and cream mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with steak or roast dinners.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Tip: Prepare lasagne the day before and bake it just before serving.
- Author: Saskia Hay
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Fresh Living