- 250g packet chocolate Scalliwag biscuits (see notes)
- 125g butter, melted
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 100g macadamia halves, toasted
- 250g packet caramel bits
- Step 1Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edges of pan.
- Step 2Using a food processor, process biscuits until fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until well combined. Press biscuit mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced.
- Step 3Combine condensed milk, coconut, macadamias and caramel bits in a large bowl. Spoon over prepared base. Spread with the back of a spoon, pressing down to level slightly.
- Step 4Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden and just firm. Cool in pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Serve cut into squares.
Storage tip: Store slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can store leftover nut packets and shredded coconut, sealed, in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If Scallywags are not available, try Choc Ripple biscuits instead (or any other plain sweet biscuit). Note if using Choc Ripples, do not add as much butter.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas