- 400g ciabatta loaf
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 x 110g tubs buffalo mozzarella, drained, torn
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Trim and discard ends from bread. Cut bread into 1.5cm thick slices. Place onto a baking tray. Grill bread until golden on both sides. Arrange bread in a single layer on a large serving plate.
- Step 2Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Add oil, vinegar and half the basil. Season. Toss to coat. Spoon half the tomato mixture over bread. Top with half the mozzarella. Repeat with remaining tomato mixture, then mozzarella. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Season with pepper. Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour to allow bread to soak up dressing.
- Step 3Remove salad from fridge 15 minutes before serving. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
Serves 8 as a side.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas