- 1kg mixed chicken pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 75g pepperoni, chopped
- 3 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/3 cups dried risoni
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a large baking dish. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 2Carefully drain excess fat from frying pan. Add pepperoni. Cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until light golden. Add sauce. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through (see note). Pour sauce around chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir in peas.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook risoni in a medium saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain well.
- Step 4Serve chicken with risoni and salad.
- Low carb
To cook this recipe in a slow cooker using skinless chicken pieces, transfer pan-fried chicken to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or until tender and cooked through.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa & Alison Adams
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas