- 12 (about 750g) lamb cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (see recipe above)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Mango & avocado salsa
- 1 just-ripe mango, cheeks removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Step 1Place cutlets in a glass dish. Combine Cajun seasoning and oil in a bowl. Pour over cutlets and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make the mango & avocado salsa, combine the mango, avocado, onion, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Step 3Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 4Divide cutlets among serving plates. Serve immediately with salsa and mixed salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste