- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cobs of corn, husks removed
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, stoned removed, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salsa, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Score the chicken by making a few deep cuts through the skin. Combine the Cajun spice, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and rub over the chicken, pressing the Cajun mixture into the cuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 2Heat a grill plate or barbecue grill to high. Brush the corn with a little oil and place on the heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until slightly charred. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Step 3Reduce the barbecue grill to medium. Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and cook for 8-10 minutes until well browned and cooked through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, stand a corn cob on its base and shear the kernels off with a sharp knife. Place kernels in a medium bowl. Repeat with remaining corn cob. Add the capsicum, coriander, extra oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, to the corn kernels, mixing until well combined.
- Step 5Serve chicken with salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Oliver Ford
- Publication: Taste.com.au