- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup cajun seasoning (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 crusty wholemeal bread rolls, split, toasted
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 60g baby mesclun salad leaves
- Step 1Cut chicken breast fillets in half horizontally to form 4 thin fillets. Place chicken in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle both sides with seasoning. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, if time permits.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a clean chopping board. Cut each chicken fillet in half diagonally.
- Step 3Place roll bases on serving plates. Combine avocado, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Top roll bases with salad leaves, tomato, chicken and avocado mixture. Top with coriander leaves and roll tops. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Cajun spice is a mix of herbs and spices including oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas