- 4 (230g each) fresh corn cobs, husks attached
- 4 x 200g beef rump steaks
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice mix
- 80g butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- You need four 15cm long pieces kitchen string.
- Step 1Place corn cobs and string in a baking dish. Cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place beef in a dish. Sprinkle with spice mixture. Rub to coat. Combine butter, chilli and lime rind in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Drain corn and string. Gently peel husks back 3/4 of the way down (see picture, above). Remove silk from corn cobs. Rub half the butter mixture over corn. Gently pull husks back over corn. Tie with string to secure husks.
- Step 4Heat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Add corn. Cook, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes or until charred and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat barbecue chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 5Combine spinach, oil and half the lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and discard string from corn. Peel back husks. Dot corn with remaining butter. Drizzle over remaining lime juice. Serve steaks with corn and spinach mixture.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas