1987 kj Energy
38g Fat Total
10g Saturated Fat
1g Carbs (sugar)
8g Carbs (total)
Caesar SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 small bread rolls, thinly sliced
- 8 prosciutto slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed
- 40g parmesan, shaved Anchovy dressing
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1To make the dressing, place anchovy in a mortar and gently crush with a pestle until almost smooth. Add garlic and mustard and grind until well combined. Add lemon juice and oil and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the bread slices and prosciutto on separate oven trays. Drizzle the bread slices with the oil. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Step 3Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add vinegar. Use a wooden spoon to stir water to make a whirlpool. Crack egg into a cup, then slip egg into the centre of the whirlpool. Poach for 1-2 minutes for a soft centre or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Step 4Cut the lettuce into wedges. Arrange lettuce, croutons, prosciutto and parmesan on serving plates. Drizzle with anchovy dressing. Top with a poached egg and serve immediately.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Notebook: