- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 1 large cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1 cup (80g) shaved parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup caesar salad dressing
- Step 1Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Carefully add eggs. Cook for 4 minutes (see tip). Drain and rinse under cold water. Peel eggs and coarsely chop.
- Step 2Meanwhile, toast bread until golden. Cut toast into 2cm pieces.
- Step 3Place lettuce, onion, tuna and parmesan in a large serving bowl. Add egg and toast. Toss gently to combine. Pour dressing over salad Gently toss to combine. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
These eggs are soft boiled. If you prefer hard-boiled eggs, cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes. Time saver tip: Buy packaged, shaved parmesan cheese and use packaged, ready-made croutons.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas