Author Notes: Inspired by the Cacio e Pepe dishes served at Maialino, I decided to whip this up for supper, using their recipe as a basis. There’s something so comforting about creamy, light, whipped eggs, blended with the savoury taste parmesan and black pepper. It takes just a few minutes to pull together too so if you’re in a hurry (or just really hungry!) then this is the supper, or breakfast, for you. In fact, this would make an ideal weekend brunch dish! —Amelia G
tablespoons Grated Parmesan
teaspoons Black Pepper
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a medium saute pan, melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the pan and, using a spatula, stir the eggs, scraping them away from the edges of the pan as they start to cook. Keep doing this for 3 minutes so the eggs scramble, but are still soft.
- Just before they’re ready, stir through the pepper, salt and parmesan.
- Serve the eggs when they’re still soft and creamy, and sprinkle over a little extra parmesan.