- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 small (about 1kg) savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1Heat a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, tossing until golden. Set aside.
- Step 2Heat the sesame oil and peanut oil in the wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and lemon rind and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until it just begins to wilt.
- Step 3Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, lemon juice and soy sauce. Season with pepper. Serve immediately sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Sue Ferris
- Publication: Fresh Living