- 100g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (see tip)
- 2/3 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 25g butter, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity texas muffin pan.
- Step 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour and cinnamon over butter mixture. Stir to combine. Add banana and yoghurt. Stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Step 3Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of 1 pudding comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make butterscotch sauce: Place sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Serve puddings warm with butterscotch sauce.
- High protein
Tip: You’ll need 2 medium bananas. You can freeze puddings (without sauce) in snap-lock bags for up to three months.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas