- 250g Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 60g unsalted butter
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 100ml pure (thin) cream
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Basmati Rice, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
- Step 1Combine yoghurt, tandoori paste, lemon juice, chicken and a pinch of salt in a bowl, stirring well. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Place the onion, ginger and chilli in a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Step 3Melt half the butter in a deep frypan over medium heat, add cardamom pods, paprika, garam masala and a little salt, then cook for 1 minute. Add onion mixture and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Step 4Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 5Arrange chicken on a rack over a foil-lined grill pan. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Step 6Return the sauce to the pan over medium heat. Stir the chicken and any pan juices into the sauce. Add the cream, coriander leaves and remaining 30g butter, then stir until warmed through. Serve with rice and naan bread.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au