- 1 tablespoon oil
- 700g chicken thigh fillets, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup store-bought butter chicken sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- steamed rice, to serve
- pappadums, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches, and cook until browned, adding more oil between batches, if needed.
- Step 2Return all the chicken to the pan and stir in butter chicken sauce and water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in the cream and cook for 10 minutes. Add spinach leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes until wilted.
- Step 4Serve curry with rice and pappadums.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Butter chicken curry paste is a mild base for the popular creamy tomato and poultry dish of the same name. A similar curry is chicken tikka masala. Believed to be an English creation, it was made to keep marinated meat from drying out when it came out of the tandoor (clay) oven.
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Oliver Ford
- Publication: Taste.com.au