Author Notes: I’ve made buffalo shrimp before…and thought why not wrap them in wontons? —inpatskitchen
peeled and deveined 26-30 ( or larger) count shrimp, tails left intact
cup of your favorite hot sauce ( I used Cholula )
ounces softened cream cheese
tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
tablespoon finely minced chives
peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- Marinate the shrimp in the hot sauce for about 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and chives in a bowl and set aside.
- Take a wonton and with your finger wet all four sides with a little water.
- Spread about 1/2 tsp of the cheese mixture in the center of the wonton.
- Take a shrimp, pat it dry with a paper towel and place it in the center of the wonton, leaving the tail hanging over the edge.
- Fold the top part of the wonton over the top of the shrimp, pressing firmly along the whole top. Fold the sides over the shrimp, wrapping tight, being especially careful to seal the tail end. Repeat for remaining shrimp.
- Heat enough oil in a large frying pan for shallow frying. Fry the shrimp quickly on both sides until nicely browned. Transfer to paper towels to drain a bit.
- Place the wontons in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes. Cool a few minutes before serving with hot sauce, blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.