Makes: 1 batch
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
cup buckwheat flour
sticks butter, softened
cup sugar (scant)
cup cacao nibs
- Whisk together flours and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla and cacao nibs.
- Press and roll the dough into a long log, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or you can freeze it for up to 2 months).
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper (don’t skip this! they are very buttery!).
- Slice the logs thinly with a sharp knife and bake for 12-14 minutes, until they begin to brown at the edges. Let cool completely before taste-testing!