- 30g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 cups leftover roast vegetables (see related recipe)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Baby spinach, to serve
- Step 1Melt 20g butter in a 20cm (base) heavy-based, non-stick, flameproof frying pan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add roast vegetables. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Add mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Roughly mash.
- Step 2Melt remaining butter in pan over low heat. Add vegetable mixture. Spread over base of pan, pressing down firmly. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until base is crisp.
- Step 3Preheat grill on high. Place pan under grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a plate or board.
- Step 4Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook eggs on 1 side for 2 minutes or until eggwhites are set and yolks still soft. Cut bubble and squeak into wedges. Serve with baby spinach and eggs.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas