- 600g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 100g Western Star Original Butter Salted
- 2/3 cup (50g) fresh (made from day-old bread) breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Step 1Cook the Brussels sprouts in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Step 2Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the breadcrumbs and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the remaining butter, Brussels sprouts, pine nuts, lemon rind and juice and chilli and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a side dish.
- Author: taste.com.au
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Taste.com.au