- 200g (1 cup) brown rice
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 40g (1/4 cup) sunflower seed kernels
- 200g Soyco Japanese Tofu (see note), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- Step 1Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- Step 2To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger in a small bowl.
- Step 3Place the rice, celery, capsicum, spinach, currants and half the sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Step 4Divide the rice mixture among serving bowls and top with the tofu. Sprinkle with the remaining sunflower seeds to serve.
If Japanese tofu is unavailable, use firm tofu. For a different flavour, you can replace the tofu with 2 cooked single chicken breast fillets. Time-saving tip: Swap the brown rice for white rice.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Alan Benson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste