- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice, rinsed
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 small orange sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, halved, chopped
- 2 baby eggplant, halved, chopped
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- fresh oregano leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan-forced. Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place capsicum, potato, zucchini, eggplant, harissa and 1 tablespoon oil in a roasting pan. Toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 3Place rice, capsicum mixture, remaining oil, lemon rind, lemon juice and oregano in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top with oregano leaves. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
If harissa is unavailable, toss vegetables with 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes or 1 finely chopped long red chilli.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas