- 2196 kj Energy
- 15g Fat Total
- 7.1g Saturated Fat
- 5.2g Fibre
- 18.1g Protein
- 28mg Cholesterol
- 160mg Sodium
- 4.1g Carbs (sugar)
- 80.1g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Brown butter broccoli, pine nut and basil pastaPrint Recipe
- 400g Coles Brand Pasta Bows
- 3 tablespoons Coles Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups broccoli florets, main stem from the broccoli, peeled, sliced into 3mm disks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lucky Pine Nuts, toasted
- 30g Coles Shredded Parmesan Cheese, grated (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Step 1Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Step 2Add the pasta and cook according to the packet directions until al dente.
- Step 3While the pasta is cooking, place a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once the butter has browned, add the lemon juice and the broccoli and cook, tossing frequently until tender, for about 4 minutes.
- Step 4Drain the pasta from the pot and pour directly into the frying pan. Add the pine nuts and basil and toss a few more times. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Divide the pasta between 4 serving bowls, garnish with the grated parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and serve.