Author Notes: This is the best recipe to have when you’re hosting a party on a budget and/or don’t have a lot of time to cook. The reduced brown ale and tomato water create a great nutty flavor and consistency thick enough to top bread, fish or chicken. —alyson mance
Brown Ale Tomato and White Bean SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup brown ale
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add garlic, shallots and thyme. Cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add beer. Increase heat and bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced and sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon. Stir in beans and remove from heat. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
Leave a Reply