- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 x 160g salmon fillets with skin
- 450g thin hokkien noodles
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 250g bean sprouts
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup small coriander leaves
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frypan and cook salmon, skin-side down, for 2 1/2 minutes over medium-high heat. Turn and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes for rare or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions, then drain. Toss in a little of the remaining oil to prevent sticking. Combine lemon rind and juice, fish sauce and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in a large wok.
- Step 3Stir-fry the chilli, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add sugar and stir to combine. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add lemon mixture, noodles and sprouts, and toss until heated through. Remove from heat and fold in onion and coriander. Divide the broccoli chilli noodles among 4 plates and serve with the salmon.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au