- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted, slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 120g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 375g pkt Coles Simply Less Beef Sausages, casings removed
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Finely grated parmesan, extra, to serve
- Step 1Cool the spaghetti in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the broccoli in the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain well, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of cooking liquid. Return the spaghetti to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, process the basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic and half the rocket in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the sausages and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 4 mins or until brown all over. Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing, for 2 mins or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Step 4Add the sausage mixture, remaining rocket and pesto to the spaghetti and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with extra parmesan.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles