- 2 heads (1kg) broccoflower, cut into florets
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) a2 milk
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely grated Millel parmesan
- 1 slice Tip Top 9 Grain bread, crusts removed
- 75g South Cape blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Blanch broccoflower in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain well. Transfer to a 6-cup capacity oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Step 2Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir constantly, over medium heat, for about 5 minutes, or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in half the parmesan. Spoon mixture over broccoflower.
- Step 3Cut bread into small chunky crumbs. Place in a bowl with remaining parmesan, blue cheese, and olive oil. Mix well. Sprinkle mixture evenly over gratin. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Season well with pepper and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jess Sly
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Fresh Living