Author Notes: This is a super quick and healthy soup that you can throw together without using exact measurements. The ingredients are inexpensive and it’s great for days you want something light and fresh. Like a hot and satisfying smoothie-in-a-bowl! —Hayley Lily Sorrell
Makes: 3-4 bowls
packets frozen peas/ petit pois
liter vegetable stock
salt and pepper
white onion – finely chopped
clove of garlic
splashes light olive oil
- Fry onion and oil in large pot for around 5 minutes, add garlic and fry until softened and smelling good.
- Pour in vegetable stock and all the frozen peas. Cook for about 5 mins
- Add washed spinach to pot and let wilt. Keep water just below boiling for a further 3-5 minutes. Add some more water and salt/pepper or stock if needed.
- Turn off heat and blend using a hand blender till smooth. Or add to a regular blender.
- Serve with crumbled feta and toasted rye bread.