- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 25g butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- Step 1Place the condensed milk, butter and cocoa in a medium heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixtures thickens and starts to pull away from the side of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Step 2Carefully transfer the mixture to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Refrigerate until cold or overnight, if time permits.
- Step 3Remove mixture from fridge. Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes or until the mixture is just soft enough to scoop. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Roll 2 level teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- Step 4Roll 1/2 of the balls in coconut and the remaining balls in sprinkles. Refrigerate until required. Remove brigadeiros from fridge 10 minutes before serving.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas