- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1kg beef blade steak, cut into 1.5cm thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 410g can beef consomme
- Sweet potato mash, to serve
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Combine 1/2 cup flour, and salt and pepper on a plate. Lightly coat each piece of steak in seasoned flour.
- Step 2Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 180°C. Add onions to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of flour over onions. Stir until well combined.
- Step 4Slowly add consomme, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to the boil. Pour mixture over beef. Cover. Bake for 2 hours or until steak is tender. Serve with carrot and parsnip mash.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas