- 2 medium lemons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 450g packet chicken thigh steaks ( lemon and herb – see Notes)
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Step 1Juice one lemon. Halve and thinly slice remaining lemon.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large, heavy‑based frying pan over medium‑high heat. Cook chicken, for 1 to 2 minutes each side, or until browned. Add 1 cup stock and lemon juice. Season well with pepper. Cover. Reduce heat to medium‑low. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate. Cover. Add lemon slices to pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place remaining stock in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous and peas. Stir to combine. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Using a fork, fluff couscous to separate grains.
- Step 4Add parsley to couscous. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with couscous and drizzle with sauce.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- We used marinated chicken thighs from Coles. You can use other marinated cuts of chicken instead, but cooking time will vary.
- Any leftovers would be perfect for lunch the following day. Just shred the chicken and stir it through the couscous
- Author: Jo Anne Calabria
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas