- 500g strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons Wynns Boronia All’uovo fortified wine or marsala
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 125g (1/2 cup) mascarpone
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place strawberries in a baking dish. Drizzle over wine. Top with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make mascarpone cream, whisk mascarpone, cream, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Step 3Cool strawberries for 5 minutes. Serve with mascarpone cream.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Don’t save strawberries for dessert – toss them into a salad with rocket, prosciutto and balsamic, or try them with smoked salmon and black pepper.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste