- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 400g tomato pasta sauce
- 400g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 8 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Step 1Preheat oven grill to medium-hot. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil spray and add carrot and onion. Cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Add mince and cook for a further 5 minutes until meat is browned. Add pasta sauce, mushrooms and basil. Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, steam or boil the potatoes for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and keep warm.
- Step 3Spoon mince mixture into four 1-cup capacity ramekins. Mash the potato roughly and mix through salt and pepper, cheddar cheese and milk. Top each ramekin with a dollop of mash. Place under grill for 1 minute or until lightly golden on top. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
If you don’t have individual ramekins, use a deep baking dish of six cup (1.5 litre) capacity.
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Tanya Zouev
- Publication: Taste.com.au