- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 375g spaghetti
- Basil leaves, extra, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- 500g Coles Australian 4 Star Lean Beef Mince
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 cup (70g) breadcrumbs
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup (40g) pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 12 baby bocconcini, halved
- Step 1To make the meatballs, combine the beef mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, olives and oregano in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Use your thumb to push an indent into 1 meatball and place 1 bocconcini half in the indent. Push the mince around the bocconcini to enclose. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining meatballs and bocconcini. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Step 2Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the meatballs. Cook, turning, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Step 3Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the tomato. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Return the meatballs to the pan with the chopped basil and oregano. Cook for 5 mins or until heated through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well. Add to the tomato sauce and toss to combine.
- Step 5Divide the spaghetti and meatballs among serving bowls. Serve sprinkled with extra basil leaves and parmesan.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles