- 250g pkt Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 125g punnet blueberries
- 250g ctn spreadable cream cheese
- 125g fresh ricotta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Place 12 biscuits over each hole of a patty pan. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Press biscuits into bases. Set aside for 5 minutes or until firm. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Step 2Stir caster sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to boil. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in blueberries and cook for 30 seconds. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Step 3Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese, ricotta, icing sugar and orange rind in a bowl until combined. Beat in milk. Divide among biscuits. Top with blueberry mixture.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Take advantage of sweet in-season blueberries and make them the hero in everything from smoothies, syrups and salads to muffins, pancakes and jams.
Nutritional information is per tart.
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste