- 4 slices gluten-free bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 4 x 175g skinless blue-eye fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with foil, then lightly grease.
- Step 2Pulse the bread in a food processor to form rough crumbs. Add herbs, parmesan, lemon zest and eggwhite, season with salt and pepper, then pulse until just combined.
- Step 3Brush the top of each fish fillet with a little oil and press some crumb mixture onto each fillet. Transfer to the tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is golden. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, cook peas in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Step 5Divide the peas and fish among plates and serve with salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Low FODMAP diet tip: Make this a Low FODMAP recipe by reducing the quanity of peas down to 2 cups (ie. No more than ½ cup per person).
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au