Blood Orange ToastPrint Recipe
- 1 Blood Orange, scrubbed clean
- 1-2 Slices toasted multigrain or whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup Lowfat Cottage cheese
- 1-2 pinches Sumac
- 1-2 pinches Sea salt
- 1-2 pinches Cinnamon
- 2-4 tablespoons Maple syrup or dark brown sugar
- 2-3 sprigs Cilantro or Basil
- Olive oil
- Step1: Preheat oven to broil (500). Grease a baking sheet. Slice blood orange into thin slices and arrange on baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sumac and a few flakes of sea salt. Drizzle on maple syrup or sprinkle on dark brown sugar. Broil until soft and caramelized, a few mins. Allow to cool.
- Step 2: . Spread some cheese onto toast, top with 2-3 slices of blood oranges, drizzle on maple syrup and toss on some shredded Cilantro or basil.
Leave a Reply