1828 kj Energy
36.3g Fat Total
7.9g Saturated Fat
13g Carbs (total)
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Chris L. Jones
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
BLAT salad with chewy pumpernickel croutons
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes, cut into portions
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, cut into thirds
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g pumpernickel bread, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 cos lettuce hearts, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- Extra 1 tablespoon fresh dill sprigs, to serve
Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Line a baking tray with foil. Place tomato and bacon on prepared tray. Grill, turning bacon, for 5 to 7 minutes or until bacon is golden and tomato starts to soften.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a small frying pan over medium- high heat. Cook pumpernickel, stirring, for 7 minutes or until golden. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
Combine mayonnaise, chives, chopped dill and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
Arrange lettuce, bacon, tomato, croutons and avocado on serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with extra dill sprigs. Serve.